For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora creates cloud-based software on a subscription basis that enables any company in any industry to successfully launch, manage, and transform into a subscription business. Our growth story is just beginning and our sales development team is pivotal in sustaining our rapid growth across the globe.
As a Zuora Sales Development Representative, you are a master of building pipeline (Sales Qualified Leads) within your geography and market segments. You creatively leverage emails, calls, and social selling tools to help customers master their subscription experience and digital transformations. You love customer conversations, evangelizing brands, and are passionate about helping the B2B/B2C business move to subscription-based pricing models.
What You’ll Do & Achieve
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel Zuora’s Pipeline and Growth.
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates (Sales Management and Account Executives) to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities.
- Utilize industry knowledge to research & develop accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and identify compelling events.
- Outbound prospect to companies via cold calling, email, marketing campaigns, social selling.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Zuora’s product suite.
- Exceed monthly/quarterly quotas for Sales Qualified Leads.
- Enjoy conducting high-level discovery and educational conversations with Senior Executives (C-Level, VP/Director) in Target Accounts.
- Recruit, train and optimise performance for a team of SDRs.
- Ensure KPI metrics are met.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing leadership to ensure success of online marketing campaigns.
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce.
What You Need to be Successful
- Interest in a career in Sales or in Sales Leadership
- Positive and energetic, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills 1+ years of experience in Sales Development, Operations, Sales, and/or Finance preferred
- Team Player ; excited to work in a high-energy and collaborative environment
- Cold-calling experience preferred
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible achievements
- Passionate about technology, business, and winning
- Proficient in using Salesforce and LinkedIn preferred
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was designed specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.