For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, and sell more units. Today, there’s a demand to have products and services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade and access new innovations and features constantly. This is the end of ownership and it changes everything. Our vision is “The World Subscribed” where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy® (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuora’s leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing and packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, and disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Our growth story is only just beginning and our Marketing team is pivotal to fulfilling our mission to enable all companies to be successful in the Subscription Economy. We’re looking for a highly collaborative Regional Marketing Manager who can help deliver mission critical solutions all the while thinking about scale, performance, compatibility and extensive downstream impacts.
Are you the kind of marketer that has expertise in planning, executing, and optimizing regional programs such as field events, user conferences, email marketing & nurture campaigns, customer success materials, webinars, and other outbound strategies? Do you have a strong track record collaborating and co-marketing with strategic partners and influencers in your space? Are you laser-focused on driving a successful ABM strategy in support of your sales teams’ target accounts? If yes, then this is the role for you.
As the Senior Regional Marketing Marketing, you will be closely aligned with local sales leadership and will share the bookings and pipeline targets for that region. You will need to work closely with your local business development team, as well as corporate marketing, to create the right “marketing mix” for a specific sales territory. This position requires someone who is able to keep a close eye on all stages of the pipeline and closely collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to increase awareness, drive pipeline, accelerate deals, and close business.
What you’ll do & achieve:
- Plan, execute and optimize a high impact, scalable regional marketing strategy that is aligned to the pipeline goals for your region
- Build a marketing plan that is aligned to named accounts and your territory that enables sales to have impactful first conversations and/or go wider in the accounts
- Collaborate closely with your marketing partners across PR, global campaigns, content/creative, product marketing, and business development to develop an integrated marketing plan that maximizes pipeline influence and drives a holistic message to the market across multiple channels
- Lead field event planning and execution for Zuora hosted events and as needed, 3rd party industry event sponsorships
- Lead co-marketing efforts with key industry influencers and partners such as Deloitte, Accenture, Simon-Kucher & Partners and McKinsey to expand Zuora’s reach within target accounts across multiple industries
- Measure the effectiveness of programs on a regular cadence and to report on results and optimize your programs
- Partner with content, customer marketing, product marketing and/or sales engineers to create materials that document local customer success and stories that can be used to attract prospect interest
- Manage the marketing budget for the region
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 7-10 years of experience across various marketing functions such as field marketing/regional marketing, event marketing, demand generation, content marketing, and campaign design/execution; event planning expertise from local regional events to large conferences is a must
- B2B enterprise software / SaaS marketing experience preferred
- Experience partnering directly with sales leadership and local sales teams to jointly pursue new pipeline, accelerate deals and close business
- Prior experience in mapping regional programs with broader corporate editorial and thematic ideas is a must
- The ability to analyze Salesforce reports and dashboards to understand your franchise’s named account lists, including location, industry and sales stage, and back into a marketing strategy that aligns with sales’ objectives
- Ability to measure the impact and effectiveness of campaigns and recommend changes that result in higher engagement and/or higher conversion is a must
- Prior experience managing Salesforce campaigns, contacts, leads and opportunities is required
- Prior experience with email automation programs such as Marketo is preferred
- Excellent internal and external verbal and written communications skills is a must
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy®, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models and acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates and orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing and revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their experience and leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate and innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility and accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isn’t an empty branding effort – our ZEOs love working here and it shows in our 4+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, and stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet and Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai and Tokyo.