As Valimail’s Eastern North America Sales Engineer (SE), you will be part of the Customer Success Team responsible for working with Sales to demonstrate Valimail’s world-class technology during the pre-sales process and turn prospects into customers by confidently addressing prospects’ technical questions.
● Effectively communicate technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences from C-level executives to technical implementers.
● Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with prospects and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
● Gain customer acceptance by explaining and demonstrating the cost reductions and operational improvements provided by Valimail’s technology.
● Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
● Analyze, prepare, and present proof-of-concept findings to prospects.
● Be the authority on Valimail technology and our philosophy on email security.
● Maintain professional and technical knowledge by staying up-to-date on the latest product features, industry trends, and security news.
● Collaborate with other teams, including Product and Marketing, to ensure customer feedback is disseminated organization-wide and used to improve our go-to-market strategy and products.
● Must be based in the New York City Metro Area with the ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
● 3+ years experience as a Sales Engineer in a SaaS organization.
● A passion for presenting to groups in a captivating manner.
● A competitive spirit and strong desire to win.
● General knowledge of cloud architecture as well as on-premise IT landscape.
● Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and state of the art infrastructures.
● Experience with DNS and email security technologies a plus.
● SQL experience building queries and analyzing data
● Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment as a team member and an individual.
● Proven ability to manage multiple clients simultaneously and effectively manage your time.
● Proactively address opportunities and issues with appropriate urgency.
● Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
● Agreeable and willing to be a hands-on contributor.
● Bachelor’s Degree Required or Equivalent Experience.