ValiMail is a fast growing, venture funded startup and the leader in Email Authentication as a Service. This is an opportunity to be in on the ground floor at an important technology innovator and to help create a major business service category.
We are looking for a multidisciplinary Product Designer who is passionate about design and problem solving, a systems thinker, and someone who can create static and interactive prototypes in order to bring ideas to life. You will be a significant contributor for designing the interface and user experience within our product line.
What you’ll be doing:
• Taking a very technical, data heavy product and creating simple, intuitive interfaces
• Creating low and high fidelity prototypes, wireframes, and/or static mockups that illustrate your proposed solutions to potential end users and internal stakeholders
• Collaborating with Product Management and Engineering to develop complete and thorough designs all the way to creating build-ready assets
• Establishing design workflows and processes to optimize our product development
• Contributing to our design system
• Presenting your work to internal stakeholders
• Helping conduct user testing and user research
• 3+ years design experience (major bonus if you’re an information design nerd who wants to make data sexy)
• Strong digital product design portfolio with an understanding of human-centered design methodologies
• A passion for design, an eye for detail, and opinions about what is considered “good” vs. “great” design. A bonus if you have experience visualizing complex data sets.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in order to articulate your point of view and your understanding of your proposed solutions
• You work well in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire your team through collaboration as well as offering a designer’s point of view
• You are flexible and able to pivot quickly in order to iterate quickly
• Experience with enterprise SaaS products preferred but not required
• Familiarity with any of the following design tools: Sketch, Figma, Adobe CS, HTML/CSS/JS, Principle, Zeplin, Framer, and/or InVision
• Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design or similar field
Application requirements:Please submit a resume, cover letter (yes, we read cover letters), and a portfolio .pdf or link.
*Best Places to Work 2018
ValiMail has developed the world's first cloud service that fully automates email authentication, giving our customers brand and fraud protection across 4.8 billion mailboxes worldwide. ValiMail enables organizations to stop phishing attacks, control shadow email, and improve the reputation of their email domain.
ValiMail's patented, standards-compliant technology provides the only zero-administration solution to enable trusted email for enterprises. Customers include Uber, Fannie Mae, Yelp, Twilio, Time Warner, Square, OpenTable, and City National Bank. Founded in 2015, ValiMail is based in San Francisco and is backed by Shasta Ventures, Flybridge Capital Partners, and Bloomberg Beta. For more information visit www.ValiMail.com