Exciting employment opportunities within the Tenaya Capital portfolio.
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is rapidly growing our CX Solutions team and are looking to bring on an experienced Senior Risk Analyst who has experience with e-Commerce fraud/scams, Payments/CX/Risk Operations, and/or Trust and Safety. They will also have the data and technical skills to leverage vendor and proprietary systems to minimize risk and maximize returns for the firm. This role will have the opportunity to own risk mitigating systems, full life cycle from model R&D to production deployment and monitoring.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an evolving Trust and Safety team. Your contributions and previous experience will help us maintain a safe, healthy community and create a trusted and neighborly customer experience.
- Develop and report out on KPIs and scorecards, highlighting issues and cost saving opportunities towards Risk Exposure, OpEx, Service Levels, model performance, and/or payment fraud/chargebacks.
- Implement mechanisms that precisely detect risky activities on our platform.
- Identify deficiencies and implement systems of continual improvements that reduce fraudulent activities.
- Validate business requirements with relevant teams to ensure operations balance customer and business needs.
- Monitor industry trends for best practices, fraud tools, and regulations and credit card brand compliance.
- Prove out theories based upon data and knowledge of industry to make quick operational changes that increase efficiencies, reduce costs and gain trust with our community members.
- Assist in maintaining internal and external risk platforms, deploying rules, and triaging and tracking bugs.
- Deliver improvements to our performance metrics based on understanding the drivers of operational expense.
- Build and maintain accurate investigation/fraud/loss reporting. Provide escalation and updates to leadership independently.
- Provide analysis and actionable recommendations to support the business to achieve P/L optimization.
- Experience in data acquisition, organization, and presentation.
- Solid knowledge of SQL, statistical concepts, and strong ability to analyze data for patterns.
- Decision Engine experience (risk rule platform, triaging systems, call center routing, etc.)
- Data visualization application experience (Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Python for Data (Pandas, Jupyter Notebook, API wrappers).
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Excellent team communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and think independently.
- Ability to look at risk problems holistically and balance the needs of customers, stakeholders and other internal partners.
- You love dynamic work environments and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Customer facing operations experience; including call center management, ticketing systems, capacity planning, workforce management, and site strategy.
- Strong skills and experience in complex e-Commerce payments issue resolution.
- Experienced in dealing with Merchant or Payer fraud including account takeover, money laundering and collusion schemes.
- Proven experience and knowledge in Card Not Present (CNP), ACH, and Credit Card Chargebacks in an e-Commerce environment.
- Knowledgeable on current AML, Fraud, industry standards and best practices.
- Experience with UNIX/AWS.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.