Do you want to ship a project and be mentored by the best next summer?
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious individuals who want to be a part of our fast growing team.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is seeking a passionate and curious hacker intern who derives purpose in life by revealing potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to systematically eliminate those weaknesses. You will work as part of a small, fast-moving security team spending equal time breaking services and building automated controls that protect the security and privacy of OfferUp’s users.
- Develop high quality software to enhance application level security.
- Take ownership for the identification, implementation, and maintenance of automated technical security controls required to mitigate risks.
- Drive the implementation and integration of tools and services for authentication, authorization, role based access controls, capability and policy management, auditing and compliance.
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats.
- Currently attending a Computer Science program, graduating 2020.
- Ability to write high quality code: reliable, efficient, easy to debug and maintain
- A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies
- Familiarity with security architecture, network protocols, cloud storage/computing, and software engineering practices
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions
- Strong organizational and relationship skills
- Passion for technology, information security, and how OfferUp protects and delivers services to its 20+ million users
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.