OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android makes it easy for people to post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and find great deals on items nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 50+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is looking for an experienced Technical Lead Manager to lead our Web team. You will have the opportunity to help our growing team across a wide variety of features and technologies, and your work will help millions of users find value locally.
- Lead and coach a strong team of engineers
- Help create and deliver new web experiences for OfferUp using web technologies such as AngularJS, React and Django
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and implement new features
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Hands on leader: conducting regular code reviews, designing solutions, problem solving, large scale architecture.
- Responsible for the entire OfferUp web offering from planning, execution, reporting, team member growth, and coming up with a roadmap for web.
- The ability to dive deep to understand all layers of application stack
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience managing or leading software development teams
- Knowledge in web optimization performance, and design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design
- You should have experience developing cross-platform and cross-browser websites.
- Experience working on Single Page Application (SPA), APIs, architectural patterns and graphic editing software
- Experience in distributed version control system e.g. Git
- Excellent communication skill, ability to work independently or work with a cross-functional team
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- SEO experience is a plus
Nice to have
- Experience around any of the following: web package managers, Bower, bundler system, NodeJS, Python, PHP, Selenium, Gulp, webpack
- Experience with Mobile Web Development
- E-commerce and CMS website experience
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally… Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.