OfferUp’s mission is to build the largest, simplest and most trustworthy local marketplace. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is seeking an experienced Account Executive to lead the charge in its Auto Vertical. This role is pivotal in defining our offering for auto dealerships across the country and creating a significant book of satisfied customers.
If you are a confident, self-starter salesperson who likes to navigate unchartered territory and influence the entire sales strategy and product for an entire company, this may be for you.
What you will do:
- 50-80 calls a day in order to secure new business by selling Licensed Auto Dealers to the OfferUp Automotive Program.
- Grow revenue base from scratch, by identifying and closing new business from cold calling
- Provide exemplary customer service to all Auto Dealers.
- Research and prospect new customers in targeted territories
- Discover the path to successfully selling to a variety of car dealers (from independent, to franchise up to nationwide chains)
- Onboard new customers, and provide support for customer issue resolution
- Collaborate with Product, Research, and Business Operations to ensure the learnings from the field are incorporated into the overall business direction
- Lead, track, and report on all prospecting activity and results in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Demonstrated track record of selling high $ marketing/advertising services over the phone is valued.
- Experience in a short sell cycle is highly preferred – the ability to one-call close experience
- 2-4 years of Business Development, Inside Sales or Account Management experience with a tech company serving brick-and-mortar customers
- Self-starter, competitive, optimistic, and confident; you love to win.
- Demonstrated proficiency in prospecting and hunting for new clients.
- Versed in the art of selling to busy, no-nonsense business owners while developing relationships for the long-term.
- Able to tease out clients' real needs and isolate them from mere preferences.
- Resourceful and adaptable, and can identify creative solutions that may not be “how it is done” in this space
- Develop a strong relationship with the other disciplines within the company
- Relays market feedback in a way that is clear, articulate and backed up by revelatory client examples
- Knowledge of the automotive dealer industry is desirable but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Spanish-speaking a big plus
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.