Exciting employment opportunities within the Tenaya Capital portfolio.
In June 2017, Sumo Logic announced another $75M funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new and existing investors including DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and others ( https://www.sumologic.com/press/2017-06-27/75-million-funding-round/). This brings our total funding to $235.5M to date. Sumo Logic’s business has scaled significantly, tripling both our annual recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,500 customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily – positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
Sales Development Representative / Business Development Representative
>>>>>> German or Swedish speaking proficiency is essential.
Our Business Development Representatives are a key part of a Regional Sales team consisting of a Sales Manager and Mid-Market or Enterprise Account Executives. You will support all levels of the sales organization by finding new revenue opportunities that add to the total pipeline. You will foster relationships with Account Executives, Regional Sales Managers, and potential future customers.
What makes a Sales Development / Business Development Representative successful? We are a team of intuitive, passionate hunters looking for green-field opportunities within potential customers. And we like to have fun.
This role has the opportunity to grow into a full sales cycle position within 12-18 months.
- Prospect and generate leads with companies throughout the DACH or Nordics Markets.
- Leverage a modern lead generation tool stack, including Discover.org, Linkedin, ZoomInfo and Outreach.
- Collaborate closely with Regional Sales Managers and Corporate Account Executives to establish a territory "plan-of-attack", including target companies, target prospects, and messaging/talk-tracks.
- Set up new meetings to hand off to our Regional Sales Manager and Mid-Market/Enterprise Account Executive teams.
- Learn, leverage, and help evolve our demand generation process.
- Qualify opportunities and handle objections.
- Participate in regular training & informational sessions.
- Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of Qualified Opportunities and Closed Business
- Conduct high-level conversations with Senior Executives in Target and Prospect Accounts
- Create, prioritize, and qualify strategic target account lists within a defined territory
- Research and build new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, sending regular emails, coordinating strategic discovery meetings)
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- History of quota over-achievement
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience in a lead generation role a plus
- SaaS experience a plus
This role is for talent looking to continue their career in sales. If you are naturally curious, a strong communicator, and have a hunger to learn, Sumo Logic is the place for you to launch your sales career! We offer our BDRs multiple career paths/opportunities in various lines of business at Sumo Logic.