In June 2017, Sumo Logic announced another $75M funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new and existing investors including DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and others ( https://www.sumologic.com/press/2017-06-27/75-million-funding-round/). This brings our total funding to $235.5M to date. Sumo Logic’s business has scaled significantly. We have also enjoyed consistent growth in our recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,600+ customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily – positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value, and growth.
Director of Business Value Analysis
In this role, you will work on quantifying business value and creating CFO ready documents, along with strategic account planning, business case justification, market opportunity and C-Level presentations.
- Work closely with prospective customers and sales to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers (metrics) and understand how our solutions will help solve their problems
- Facilitate internal and external discovery around customer business processes.
- Build ROI / TCO models to quantify the impact of deploying Sumo Logic solutions
- Create and deliver executive level presentations to economic buyers at customers
- Provide thought leadership & coaching to sales to accelerate sales cycles
- Provide expertise on business value throughout the entire sales cycle (account planning)
- 7+ years of hands-on professional experience, ideally in value consulting or a management consulting (Deloitte, Anderson, etc) role in a complex software sales environment
- Good understanding of how ITOps, DevOps and/or SecOps supports the business
- Solid business case creation and analysis skills
- Must be comfortable owning and executing initiatives end-to-end, in a fast-paced start-up company
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills. Executive presence and confident objection handling are a must
- Ability to create impactful business cases with compelling storytelling and visual design elements.
- Experience in training sales teams and scaling large projects
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- BA/MA/MBA highly preferred
- Approx. 20-30% travel to customers