Do you want to ship a project and be mentored by the best next summer?
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
The OfferUp Mobile Development Team is looking for a Android Engineering Intern to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace. Each developer on the team is responsible for all aspects of our native Android application, from new features to tracking performance. Come learn, get mentored and ship a product this summer!
What you’ll do:
- Leverage your considerable experience and knowledge of best practices building mobile solutions to build an appealing and easy to use app.
- Craft beautiful and well-documented code, follow best practices, hit deadlines, exercise professionalism (in what you do and how you do it), and maintain an active interest in the overall success of what we're building as a company, beyond just the scope of your projects.
- Developing top to bottom including new features, networking, caching, testing and continuous integration.
- Implement material design when coding new features or modi and will work with the leading and bleeding edge technologies.
- Pursuing a bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, graduating in 2020.
- Passion for Android development
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively drive and self-manage projects in collaboration with other team members.
- Eligible to work in the United States
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally! Come join the team and take the ride of your life.